How you're protected
We use multiple layers of security and industry best practices to keep your data safe and private. Measures we use include:
- Your account password is hashed using the industry-standard BCrypt hashing algorithm, and it is never stored in plain text
- All other sensitive details are encrypted before they are stored
- Our mobile and web applications communicate securely with our servers using the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol, with up-to-date configurations and ciphers
- We never see or access your banking credentials. We use trusted third-party integrations to allow you to log in directly to your banking institutions, without ever storing any credentials with Ethos. Internally we have strict access controls, so no individual at Ethos ever has access to your credentials
- We offer two-factor authentication with Ethos. It's an extra step to sign in, but dramatically increases the security of your account. Enable two-factor authentication in the Security settings of your account
To report a security vulnerability or issue, please contact us.